Monday, June 15, 2009

On the outside

What can I do? I want to help, I want to make things better, but I can't. I can't do anything. Every time I try it gets worse. Every time I think, "Surely this will work!" it doesn't. There's nothing I can do. This is her problem, not mine. And I can't give her any encouragement. I can't comfort her. I'm completely and utterly useless in this situation. I thought things were getting better; I was wrong. She is on a big roller coaster with short distances up and long distances down, as I watch from the side, safe on the ground. How long before the ride ends? How long until she decides she wants to jump? How long before she falls off on accident? All I can do is stand here, worrying. I can't stop the ride myself. I can't do anything. I'm stuck with that fact.

4 comments:

Cody said...

This is amazing!!! I love it, but who is this about Kayla?!?!

Kayla24 said...

Thanks Cody!!! Sorry, but that is information for me and me alone.

Anonymous said...

Love the analogy! You go, my writin' girl! Mom

Kayla24 said...

Thanks Mom! You know that you can use the name button instead of anonymous.